Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wordy people

I've been trying for some time now to find a publisher for my first book. I've sent my story to random places and am finally getting responses. Not necessarily the responses I want, but kind and gentle ones. Which I suppose are better than mean ones. Those Editors (their secretary's I'm guessing) are saying very sweet things about my book --- using words like enjoyable, endearing, compelling, attractive.... But... Don't you just hate the buts.... feels like it erases all the pleasantry's beforehand. They are too busy or currently publishing only "Hannah Montana" or only educational books.
But alas, I shall continue on... I know that one day this book and the others in the series will be published. "No room in the Fridge" was truly inspired and I know it will be read by many one day.

2 comments:

Cookie said...

Oh, you are brave! I found your blog through Naomi's. She's such a hoot! Anyway, I would love to read your manuscript and proofread it if you would like. I am also an aspiring author, but without the guts to submit, so far. Maybe if you're game, we could exchange manuscripts for review . . . are you a member of a writer's group?

dmj said...

Hello,

Silly me, I just discovered that there are comments on my blog postings... yes, I am related to Naomi!!
Thanks for the kind words - I'm not in a writer's group... wouldn't know where to start, but I would be game for having my work reviewed. Do you have a blog?